What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships will ensure 16-19 year old young people have the work skills, Maths and English and work experience needed to start their careers.
Developed in response to business needs, Traineeships ensure employers have the talented workforce required for business success.
With Traineeships, businesses can develop the next generation of employees, ensuring a pipeline of talented young people with the personal and practical skills and experience required in the labour market.
Developed with employers, Traineeships will last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to the needs of the business and the individual.
Benefits to the trainee
- Genuine employment opportunity - improve and broaden employability skills and gain hands on experience within a field of work they are interested in.
- Training benefits - national recognised qualifications Internal induction standardisation.
- Personal benefits - self confidence, self esteem and awareness of the employer requirement. Opportunity to gain employment within a career of their choice.
Benefits to you, the employer
- Fully funded delivery programme - our government funded contract is utilised to support training. Employers are not required to pay young people taking part in Traineeships but are encouraged to support trainees with expenses such as transport.
- Business policy & procedures - employers will be at the centre of Traineeships providing insight and experience of the world of work. We ensure the young people have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or other job in the future.
- Adding value to business - traineeships give employers the opportunity to help build a pool of high quality new recruits for their sector.